If you are in the process of purchasing a property in Badshot Lea or anywhere in the UK, it is always advisable to have a pre-purchase property survey carried out by a chartered surveyor. It is also advisable to have an in-depth pre purchase timber & damp survey and general maintenance survey, including a CCTV drain survey carried, especially if problems have been highlighted in the surveyors report. It is important to do this, prior to exchanging contracts, so the cost of any repairs can be negotiated with the vendor. All of the services offered by Tapco HomeDry are to eradicate and prevent damp, timber decay and woodworm infestation, which are the problems that cause most damage to a building.
Tapco HomeDry has been trading continuously since 1971 and are acknowledged as one of London and the Home Counties most established and respected specialists in treating problems with rising damp, penetrating damp, condensation wood rotting fungi, woodworm, water damage, drain problems including CCTV surveys and structural wall damage. We have carried out surveys and preserved thousands of properties, which are now safely protected by our long term, insurance backed, guarantee.
If a more in-depth survey has been requested by your lender, home buyer or building surveyor, it may seem like a daunting prospect, especially if you are a first time buyer, but be assured, this is common practice and should not deter you from your purchase. It is important for you to ensure that your new property is free from any damp and timber defects which could get worse and diminish your investment.
If you have been advised by the vendor that previous damp proofing or timber treatment has been carried out, which is guaranteed, you or your solicitor are strongly advise you to check exactly which areas of the property have been treated, if the company is a member of the Property Care Association (PCA) and if the guarantee is valid. Never assume that the entire property is covered and check that the company is still trading.
A Tapco HomeDry Property Care Association (PCA) qualified surveyor will carry out a thorough survey of the property to tests and determine the exact cause of any defects. We will expose timbers and lift floor boards wherever possible, take random moisture reading, using a calibrated moisture meter and inspect the property externally to check for building defects. You will be issued with a comprehensive, detailed report, detailing our findings and what remedial work is recommended, including images and a floor plan
Don’t take any risks or shortcuts, your property is likely to be the biggest investment you will ever make. We are long term members of the Property Care Association (PCA) and Trust Mark (Government Endorsed Standards). In addition we are an accredited Which? Trusted Trader. For your peace of mind our guarantee can be protected by Guarantee Protection Insurance (GPI).
Specialist services we cover:
- Rising Damp eradication. The installation of a new damp proof course, specialist damp proof plastering and refining joinery timbers.
- Lateral Damp Penetration. Structurally water proofing the walls below ground (Tanking)
- Basement Conversions. Water Proofing basements, cellars and vaults using a Cavity Drain Membrane Systems (CDM) or Structural Water Proofing/Tanking.
- Burst Pipe Water Damage restoration for you or your insurance company.
- Rain penetration. Carry out repairs and water proof plastering internally and repairing the cause of the damp.
- Condensation and Black Mould Control, using positive and passive ventilation systems.
- Dry Rot (Serpula lacrymans) Complete eradication and restoration.
- Woodworm & Wood Rot eradication.
- Cracked Bricks and Cavity Wall Tie repair.
- Blocked Drains, CCTV camera surveys and structural resin lining.
- General property maintenance to stop damp.
Do it one, do it right. Call us first.