Damp Proofing for Managing Agents, Housing Associations & Landlords
Tapco HomeDry have been carrying out surveys and property restoration on behalf of many of London’s Managing Agents and Property Management Companies for over 46 years. They are aware that Tapco are one of London’s most established and reputable damp proofing, timber treatment and property maintenance companies and being based in Thames Ditton and Esher, we are perfectly located to cover all areas on London, Surrey and the surrounding Counties. In fact our Esher office and depot is on the platform of Esher Station, giving us quick and easy access all over London.
WHY CHOSE TAPCO HOMEDRY
What makes us unique compared with our competitors is that when a property has more than one problem, we cover them all, from the roof to the drains. This is why we are the Managing Agents friend and working partner, because they don’t have to waste time phoning around, searching for different trades. Some of the surveys and remedial work we carry out are:
- A Damp and Timber survey to locate the problem and determine what has caused it. This is carried out by our Property Care Association (PCA) qualified timber and damp surveyor who, where possible will raise floorboards to expose sub-floor timbers that may be at risk of decay or wood boring insects. He will take random moisture readings to the wall surfaces, using a calibrated damp meter which will record the level of moisture and carry out an external inspection to ensure the property is free from defects that can cause rain penetration.
- A Water Damage Survey to areas that have been damaged by water damage from leaking plumbing or appliances, rain penetration from whatever source or actual flooding. We produce a detailed report for you or you client to produce to the insurance company for their approval and will liaise with them for the duration of the work.
- A Property Maintenance Survey which can include a full roof and rain water goods survey using a Sky-Pole Camera, external rendering, pointing and all other areas which could cause internal damp or damage.
- A Condensation Survey using a Hygrometer to test the temperature, humidity and Dew Point.
- A Structural Damage and Cavity Wall Tie Survey using a Borescope to inspect the condition of the wall ties and cause of the cracked brickwork or masonry.
- A CCTV drain survey to inspect the condition of the drainage system.
A full and very detailed report will be issued on all surveys we carry out, including images and a floor plan highlighting where the problem was found. It is Tapco HomeDry’s policy that, if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it, so we only allow to repair, where a problem is found.
We are long term members of the Property Care Association (PCA) Trust Mark (Government Endorsed Standards) and the Basement Waterproofing Association (BWA) Any work is covered by our 20 Year Guarantee which can be protected by Guarantee Protection Insurance (GPI)