If you are in the process of purchasing a property, you may have possibly been told by your lender or surveyor that certain aspects of the building, require a further, more detailed inspections by specialist companies, prior to them agreeing to the loan and you proceeding with the purchase. Don’t worry this is normal practice, especially if it’s an older property and Tapco HomeDry can help with most of them.
The Tapco HomeDry Surveys
Tapco HomeDry do not just deal with damp and timber rot problems, we specialise in many aspects of property repair from the roof to the drains. We have been established for 44 years and have an excellent reputation as a friendly, conscientious and trustworthy company. Our timber and damp surveyors are fully qualified by the Property Care Association (PCA) and following our survey each item will be separated in our detailed reports, together with images and floor/drain plans to clearly explain any defects and what is required to eradicate them. Tapco HomeDry are specialists at carrying out:
- Timber Surveys, including flooring, roof frame timbers and joinery timbers.
- Damp Surveys, including rising damp, lateral damp penetration, water damage caused by leaking plumbing, rain penetration and condensation caused by high humidity.
- Roof Surveys, Roof overhaul or complete replacement, including general repairs, replacing lead flashings and soakers, repointing or rebuilding chimney stacks, flat roof replacement and rain water goods overhaul or replacement.
- Drain Surveys using a CCTV camera, including unblocking, high pressure jet washing, structural resin drain lining or excavation and replacement.
- Cavity Wall Tie Survey, carried out using a Borescope inspection camera, Cavity Wall Tie replacement and making good.
- Structural brickwork Stitching using special galvanised structural bars embedded into the mortar joint with resin.
Timber and Damp Survey
Our timber and damp surveys are whenever possible, carried out by lifting accessible floorboards, using a Borescope, taking moisture reading using a calibrated electronic damp meter and using a Thermal Imaging Camera. When taking moisture readings with an electronic damp meter only the surface mode is used as this gives a much more accurate reading to the surface of the wall only. If damp is found, further investigations are carried out to determine the exact cause and what remedial work is required.
Roof surveys are carried out both internally, to inspect for high levels of moisture and staining and externally using ladders and binoculars.
Our surveyors are qualified, very experienced and thorough. In addition to The Property Care Association (PCA) Tapco HomeDry are members of Trustmark (Government Endorsed Standards) and corporate members of The British Damage Management Association (BDMA). All or our work is covered by our very established long term guarantees which can be protected by The Guarantee Protection Insurance Ltd (GPI)
For Specialist Property Surveys call Tapco HomeDry first. 020 8398 6663.